[3dprinter-general] Request to Join Project 3-D Printer packages from Savino Sasso (thegamer-guest)

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Tue Jan 28 18:49:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 07:01:07PM +0100, Michele Orlandi wrote:
> WRT what Savino (btw welcome aboard!) said do you think we should split
> ourselves into packages and start packaging already with the benevolent
> support by the more experienced debian/ubuntu maintainers/developers or
> maybe we should wait until we have more members?

Please don't wait.  There's more than enough to be done, and when more
people join, it's only nice for them if some of the work is already
done.

I guess we should record on the wiki who's taking care of which
packages.  For those in the archive, it is of course part of the header
(in the Uploaders field), but having an overview may be useful for them
as well.

Please start this section in the Wiki (or add to it if someone beats you
to it).

> ps i dont own a 3d printer, I can only test dependencies and overall
> functionality

For slicer programs, you don't need a printer; for host programs and
firmware, just send a request for testing to the list when it looks good
to you.  Someone with a printer can then test it before it's uploaded.

Thanks,
Bas