[3dprinter-general] Cura 3.0 is released

Gregor Riepl onitake at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 14:28:36 UTC 2017

I raised the issue upstream: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/2810

> I think making it opt-in would be best.  They're not evil for gethering these
> statistics, and users may choose to help them.  I don't think we should prevent
> that.  Perhaps a better solution would be a one-time popup asking for the
> answer, similar to how the popcon question is a fairly high priority in
> debian-installer (so it gets asked in most cases).  That's not something Debian
> should implement, but upstream may want to do it if they move to opt-in.
> Because users are not going to search for an option to send this info to them,
> so they wouldn't get much data without the explicit question.

As Petter pointed out, changing the wording will require updating the
translations. The patch is actually really simple, thanks to the high quality
of the Ultimaker code:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/3dprinter/packages/cura.git/commit/?h=patch/send-sliceinfo-default-false&id=f010ae2de82889c2dfc0fb38b93998232378882d