[Adduser-devel] hello

Michael Taylor michael.byron.taylor at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 19:51:51 UTC 2005

Hello

I saw Marc's co-maintainer invitation, and hope that I will be able to
contribute.  I am not a Debian developer, but I am a long time user.

The first thing I did was to browse the bts, pick a bug that looked easy
to fix, and begin to thing about how to fix it.  After looking at the
code, I began to appreciate Marc's apparent frustration with the current
situation.  I am sorry, but I do not think I am a good enough at perl to
contribute fixes to the current code base.  After looking at the code, I
can understand Marc's decision to fix only the worst bugs.

I administered most of the *nix machines in a university engineering
college a few years ago.  We used nis on most of them, so I am fairly
familiar with that protocol.  If nothing else, I hope to be able to
contribute to nis support for the proposed Debian adduser rewrite.

Mike