[Alioth-staff-replacement] The naming of the "Debian" gitlab group

Jonathan Dowland jmtd at debian.org
Thu Dec 28 10:44:22 UTC 2017

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 11:45:56AM +0000, Sean Whitton wrote:
>Hello,
>
>On Wed, Dec 27 2017, Alexander Wirt wrote:
>
>> To be honest, I don't even want to think about it. It is a name, not
>> more and not less. We won't go the route at this point and change
>> this, I do really have better things to do.
>
>Yes, please let's not bikeshed this.

I object to you characterising my concern as bikeshedding: I layed out
a reasoned argument. This is very demotivating coming from a fellow
developer. You're welcome not to be interested in any given problem, but
please don't shut down others from discussing or working on theirs.

Thankfully my concerns are addressed as the "Debian" group is
not just for packaging after all.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland