[Alioth-staff-replacement] Mailman (lists.alioth) data migration from old infra

Alex Muntada alexm at debian.org
Fri Dec 29 13:08:40 UTC 2017

Dominic Hargreaves:

> I had some feedback from DSA that the http redirect and MX record
> changes for lists.alioth.debian.org were possible, and so I'd like to
> try and actually get this done in the next couple of months. I've
> also determined based on feedback that trying to import all alioth
> lists is probably not sensible as many of them are defunct/full of spam
> - instead going for an opt-in approach.

Since the main purpose of migrating lists.alioth is to avoid
uploading half the archive with new Maintainer fields, I guess
that all lists.alioth addresses mentioned as Maintainer should
probably be opted-in by default.

There's 312 lists.alioth.debian.org addresses in
/var/lib/apt/lists/deb.debian.org_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-amd64_Packages
(out of 1386 entries in /var/lib/mailman/lists in alioth).

Cheers,
Alex