[Android-tools-devel] Fwd: google-android-platform-* packages WAS: android-platform-libcore/6.0.1+r16-1

Chirayu Desai chirayudesai1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 06:54:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

I left a few comments on the commit [1].
This could be less hardcoded, and a bit more generic.
You could also create and put some templates like
google-android-platform-N-installer.postinst, with some variables
inside the file. So to add a new version we could just run sed on
those and replace the values, basically make it easier to script this.

[1]: https://github.com/Aallam/debian_google-android-platform-installers/commit/00d725ba57670d3c2730f8c5b17e5e6384118f19

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:34 AM, Mouaad Aallam <mouaad at aallam.com> wrote:
> Here is a start for the package android-google-platform-installers[1] which
> generate installers for platform 24, 23 and 22 (I think it's easy to add
> older platforms). I will try to improve this even more following the
> suggestions and discussions we had.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/Aallam/debian_google-android-platform-installers
>
> Mouaad Aallam
>
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 9:59 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
> wrote:
>>

>> I think making the source package use a python or perl script to parse
>> the Google repo XML makes sense.  Then we can just build the source
>> package, and it would generate all of the latest binary packages needed.
I could make the script, given I'll be already making more for the
upstream updates / uploads.

>> I'll let Mouadd take the lead on this one since he's been doing the work
>> on it so far.
Or should I let him get the script done as well?
I tried to do a bit of the generic packaging myself yesterday [2], and
it was useful in understanding how this kind of package works. I'll
let him take over though (and try to do code review), and focus on the
scripts.

[2]: https://gitlab.com/cde/debian_android-tools_google-android-platform-installer