[Apt-offline-devel] Questions about apt-offline

Ritesh Raj Sarraf rrs at researchut.com
Fri Apr 16 05:42:26 UTC 2010

Hello George,

On Friday 16 Apr 2010 09:54:43 you wrote:
> Sorry if this is rude but I can't really find a forum discussing
> apt-offline, the one at Alioth doesn't seem active.
> I apologize if this seems like an FAQ, but I really can't find the answer
> with some Google queries.

No, no problem at all. Feel free to email me if you have any issues with apt-
offline.

I am CCing apt-offline mailing list so that the search engines can index these
queries and hopefully help other users with similar problems.

> ne. Exception in thread Thread-1:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
>     self.run()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 446, in run
>     self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
>   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/apt_offline_core/AptOfflineLib.py",
> line 578, in run
>     self.responseQueue.put( self.WorkerFunction( item, thread_name ) )
>   File
> "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/apt_offline_core/AptOfflineCoreLib.py", line
> 540, in DataFetcher
>     (url, file, download_size, checksum) = stripper(item)
>   File
> "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/apt_offline_core/AptOfflineCoreLib.py", line
> 307, in stripper
>     checksum = string.rstrip(string.lstrip(''.join(item[3]), chars = "'"),
> chars = "'")
> IndexError: list index out of range

Can you share the signature file ?
Also can you mention the version of apt-offline you are using ?
And also good if you could reproduce the problem while using the --verbose
option and then submit the logs.

Regards,
Ritesh
--