[Apt-offline-devel] Questions about apt-offline

Ritesh Raj Sarraf rrs at researchut.com
Fri Apr 16 15:52:04 UTC 2010

On Friday 16 Apr 2010 20:37:04 George Lee wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, what should the proper signature file look like ?

This is what an item to be broken down looked from the signature generated on
my machine.

Downloading http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/experimental/Release.
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/experimental/Release done.
VERBOSE: Item is
["'http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/experimental/Release.gpg'",
'ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_experimental_Release.gpg', '0', '\n']
VERBOSE: Thread is Thread-1

where as on your box, the signature was this:

Fetching APT Data

VERBOSE: Item is ["'http://ftp.tw.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/Release'",
'ftp.tw.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_Release', '0\n']
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):

Notice your last item and mine. In my list, the 4th item is a newline
character, where as in your case, you don't have the 4th item at all.

So that's why I said, it is good to have bug reports like these where I can
improve some of the assumptions I make and do better ExceptionHandling. :-)

BTW, Did you modify the signature file (like open in a weird editor) after
generating it with apt-offline set operation ?

Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com