[Apt-zip-devel] r73 - in branches/nix-scripts: . debian methods

Giacomo A. Catenazzi cate at debian.org
Tue Jul 25 07:59:32 UTC 2006

Eddy Petrisor wrote:
> Author: eddyp-guest
> Date: 2006-07-24 00:18:52 +0000 (Mon, 24 Jul 2006)
> New Revision: 73
>
> Added:
>    branches/nix-scripts/methods/write-fetch-d4x

Hello Eddy.

I don't agree with your definiton of the fetch scripts ;-)

I think that the script should be smarter, so in one script
you should include support of curl, lynx and d4x.
And we should use new scripts for very different methods,
where the changes are not only one line (i.e. for
smarter script (maybe graphical tk), which requires more
tools, .bat windoze script, ... ).

Anyway user at apot-zip-list time should be able to
set prefered order of script, (to overide wrong
tools). It would be nice if the user could
change also on fetch time (variable at the top,
i.e. IGNORE_LYNX='not no'), but than maybe it will be
difficult for a very portable script.

anyway, thanks for the improvements!

ciao
	cate