[Aptitude-devel] IMPORTANT: CVS repository shut down, SVN repository open

Daniel Burrows dnb114@psu.edu
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:01:06 -0500

  In case anyone is reading this list:

  As of today aptitude's CVS repository has been *shut down*.  All new
development will occur in the Subversion repository:

svn://svn.debian.org/aptitude

  If you check out the URL above you'll get a rather large (a couple
hundred megabytes) directory structure with three subdirectories:
"branches" contains the branches, "tags" contains named tags, and
"trunk" is the current working copy.  To get the latest copy, you
actually want to check out:

svn://svn.debian.org/aptitude/trunk/aptitude

  And, thanks to the magic of "svn move", the trunk is finally actually
the trunk, and you don't have to worry about accidentally checking out
the source from 2001.  If you feel nostalgic and want to see it again,
you can always look at svn://svn.debian.org/aptitude/branches/pre-0.1.0 .

  Daniel

|                  Afternoon, n.:                                             |
|                    That part of the day we spend worrying                   |
|                    about how we wasted the morning.                         |
\---- Be like the kid in the movie!  Play chess! -- http://www.uschess.org ---/