[Aptitude-devel] I18n questions in aptitude development tree

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Wed Feb 27 15:19:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 06:52:43AM -0800, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:02:59AM +0100, Sven Joachim <svenjoac at gmx.de> was heard to say:
> > On 2008-02-27 07:10 +0100, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > > On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 02:34:29PM +0100, Sven Joachim <svenjoac at gmx.de> was heard to say:
> >
> > There is no po/POTFILES.in from which po/POTFILES could be created, why
> > is it missing?
>
>   I see what happened.  I changed POTFILES.in to an autogenerated file
> recently so that it would stay in sync with the source code.  But
> apparently it needs to be present in order for autoconf to generate
> po/Makefile.in. (not sure why) Just creating an empty file with
> "touch po/POTFILES.in" seems to be sufficient, and I've modified
> autogen.sh to do so.

Hhm, I'm confused. I think I had problems with this file as well but
don't remember exactly. Probably only the automake update after the last
"hg update" which affected your POTFILES changes failed so I did
invoking automake and some Makefile editing manually.

Neverthless it should work out of the box if one checks out a fresh
source tree. po/POTFILES.in exists in the repository and is not empty!
At least it has proper content for me and hg diff shows no changes.
So what happened? I'm confused ...

Could po/POTFILES.in be missing a some branches but not in others? I
don't know hg well so I can only guess.

Jens