[Aptitude-devel] Packages not updated

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Sun Apr 26 12:40:27 UTC 2009

Quoting Marcos (marcos.alvarez.costales at gmail.com):
> Hi Christian!
> I have one little problem.
> I'm waiting the upload of this aptitude translation (with 1363 strings)
> from 28 March:
>
> But now, aptitude was updated again, it has 1454 strings now :(
> If I work in the new .po I lost the translations of bug, because the
> template in upstream was been update from a old translation! :(
>
> What can I do? Why others languages are uploaded more quickly?

Hmmm, aptitude translations are managed by Jens Seidel. I'm not sure
whether Jens commited the file you sent in #521558. From what you
write, he apparently didn't.

What I can recommend you is to get the POT file (you can get it from
the D-I pages) and then run:

msgmerge -U ast.po aptitude.pot

ast.po being of course the file you sent in #521558.

Anyway, don't worry too much. Aptitude is changing a lot these days
and you may feel like running after a moving target.

I suggested a call for translations in the aptitude-devel mailing list
but the developers may also think this is not the right moment for
this to happen and then prefer waiting a little bit.

Still, I think that the file you sent in that bug report should be
committed...if it hasn't. Let's wait for Jens answer, though.