[Aptitude-devel] changelog ~U

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Tue Dec 1 14:16:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 01:04:29PM +0100, Sebastian Heil <sebi at wh-netz.de> was heard to say:
> I noticed that you can only make a changelog on full package name. So
> you have to type in something like "aptitude changelog
> linux-image-2.6.26-2-686=2.6.26-19". Unlike the other actions you can
> not use the search patterns (e.g. aptitude show ~U, aptitude download
> ~U, ...).
> But this would be a greatful feature because now I use apticron
> altogether with apt-listchanges and have to let it send me an email
> everytime I want to see the changelog of all upgradeable packages.

  That sounds like a reasonable idea.  The most straightforward
implementation will just show you the changelogs one after another,
though.  If you want to see an upgrade summary (like apt-listchanges
gives you), the changelog command will need options to concatenate
the changelogs and to show only changelogs for newer versions.

  Daniel