[Aptitude-devel] Branches in aptitude, where to work on translations?

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Wed Feb 18 17:07:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 05:07:45PM +0100, Jens Seidel <jensseidel at users.sf.net> was heard to say:
> Maybe the history will be merged (commit logs, ...) but not the content
> of PO files as they conflict and you agreed to not merge these.
>
> You're right, you should delete "post-lenny" after the merge I'm just not
> sure whether I will be able to get the latest state of the branch
> immediately before the removal for inspection because of my limited
> mercurial knowledge :-)

  Ah, I see.  You just have to fetch the revision from before the merge.

  Merges look like this in the history:

changeset:   2188:598bd235a593
parent:      2187:767cae11f327
parent:      2183:b39f8eb68324
user:        Obey Arthur Liu <arthur at milliways.fr>
date:        Wed Nov 12 18:19:48 2008 +0100
summary:     Manual merge.

  The two "parent:" lines give the revisions that were merged by this
patch.  If you get one of them (with "update -r") you should see the
pre-merge revision.

  Daniel