[Aptitude-devel] Translation doubt

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Wed Jun 24 03:16:42 UTC 2009

Quoting Omar Campagne (ocampagne at gmail.com):
> I thought of translating tier either as nivel (level) or grado (degree),
> the later giving the impression of a more hierarchic and progressive
> system. Any suggestions?

While I'm not a spanish speaker, "grado" seems fine to me. Actually,
your suggestion makes me think we could adopt "degré" for French. As
you mention, that is fairly good to render the idea of "degree"
suggested by the pyramid analogy given by Daniel (think about ancient
"degree pyramids" or whatever they're really called in English:
Saqqarah in Egypt or Chichen Itza in Mexico....).