[Aptitude-devel] Pictures and update of the Spanish translation.

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Mon Nov 16 06:03:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 11:23:00PM +0100, Omar Campagne wrote:
> Pictures are finely inserted, yet the quality is poor since I had to
> make them so light yet big, as in the original.

Yep, I noticed this too but assumed a browser problem. How did you created
the images? Have you reduced the resolution to keep these small? Maybe you
can use pictures which higher resolution and apply the tool optipng to better
compress the PNGs.

Daniel wrote yesterday about snapshot support but I think he doesn't refer
to snapshots of aptitude so that these cannot automatically created, right?

> Still, they get the point across. Thanks for the tips Jens, there have
> been a few so far :).

Another one: Test also the install target of the Makefile (installs into the
drectory given via configure's option --prefix or /usr/local) and verify
that the images look fine. I initially forget about it :-)

Jens