[Aptitude-devel] Review of eb4d4a

Daniel Burrows dburrows at google.com
Tue Aug 17 22:19:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Piotr Galiszewski <piotr at galiszewski.pl> wrote:
> 2010/8/17 Daniel Burrows <dburrows at debian.org>:
>>> +
>>> +        /** \brief Method called after reloading package cache. */
>>> +        void handle_cache_reloaded();
>>> +
>>> +        /** \brief Method called after closing package cache. */
>>> +        void handle_cache_closed();
>>> +
>>> +      public:
>>> +        /** \brief Create a new package_model for the default package_pool. */
>>> +        explicit packages_model_impl(QObject *parent = 0);
>>> +
>>> +        /** \brief Create a new package_model for the given package_pool. */
>>> +        explicit packages_model_impl(package_pool *pkg_pool, QObject *parent = 0);
>>
>>  This should also be exposed in the header (forward-declare
>> package_pool).
>>

> I am not sure what did you mean? I should create second
> create_packages_model method with package_pool as parameter?

  Yeah.  The second constructor doesn't do much good if no-one on the
outside can invoke it. ;-)  Add a note that the first one is just a
convenience for the second one.

  I might kill the other constructor, actually, and get the
package_pool pointer in the create_() function.  Either way is fine,
though.

> I have one question about rebasing this patches. Before doing this I
> have to create required code snippets for google. We will be able to
> submit them since 30th and new code is not allowed to be there. I am
> not quite sure what will be the best option for this? Copy of files,
> one big patch or patch for each commit? I need to make a decision and
> any advice is much appreciated ;)

  Ummmmmm, I don't know anything about this requirement.  Do you have
a link I could read?

  Daniel