[Aptitude-devel] Closing all remaining aptitude-gtk bugs?

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 20:16:10 UTC 2012

2012/4/25 Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org>:
> Hi,
>
> there are quite some aptitude-gtk bugs left:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=aptitude-gtk
>
> I'd suggest to close all of them with version 0.6.6-1 (or maybe even
> better 0.6.6-1+rm to better distinguish bugs fixed by dropping gtk
> support) so that they don't clutter src:aptitude's bug list anymore.
>
> If there aren't any objections, I'd do that within the next few days.

This was the last message on this topic:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/aptitude-devel/2012-March/002177.html

aptitude-gtk is in stable (and oldstable), maybe the bugs can be
reassigned to aptitude-gtk/0.6.3-3.2+squeeze1, so at least people who
come from there have an idea that aptitude-gtk is indeed in a
well-known "doesn't work perfectly" state.  Maybe there are very few
such users, but still, it'll be the only hint from official sources
for those people that they shouldn't rely it.  That's why I suggested
the "wontfix" in that thread.

Cheers.