[Aptitude-devel] Simple and direct question: Should we go ahead with a new release?

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 09:56:20 UTC 2012

2012/1/29 Christian PERRIER <bubulle at debian.org>:
> And, to answer Axel's question, the new release should be an upstream
> 0.6.5 release.
>
> I even wonder whether it should be 0.7 to reflect the change in maintenance.
>
> Of course, there are indeed no drastic changes in the code, so a
> "minor" release numer is also appropriate.

I think that 0.7 might be appropriate for this reason, too.

Also, changes like the build-hardening flags might be a bit
problematic.  So IMO, even if they are not big changes in the upstream
side, it is to the Debian packaging, and given the central role of
aptitude in Debian it's worth giving notice in as many ways as
possible, including version number.

Also, I guess that we should target experimental first for a few weeks?

Cheers.