[Aptitude-devel] aptitude 0.6.8-1

Daniel Hartwig mandyke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 18:48:30 UTC 2012

On 6 June 2012 18:32, Sven Joachim <svenjoac at gmx.de> wrote:
>>> (downgrading to 0.6.7-1
>>> and then purging aptitude-common will lead to a nasty surprise, for
>>> instance).
>>
>> Is downgrading supposed to be supported?
>
> No, but people do that anyway (sometimes it's necessary in sid…).

For now I have moved those files back to aptitude.  It is not worth
bothering with at the moment.

If there comes a time to share these (e.g. -gtk is revived) then how
about this process:

1. aptitude.prerm detects any downgrade to < VER and touches
/var/lib/aptitude/downgrade
2. if aptitude-common.postrm finds that file it removes it and does
nothing else, otherwise it removes /var/lib/aptitude and log files as
it normal

The logrotate and cron conffiles, would they be handled properly by dpkg?