[Aptitude-devel] About status of aptitude-gtk -- split off into separate source package? (GSoC project?)

Daniel Hartwig mandyke at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 13:56:38 UTC 2012

On 20 March 2012 20:54, Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org> wrote:

> I'd disable building the package (and only that) now without removing
> any code. I suspect that this will get some more attention than just a
> NEWS entry (which should be done anyway).

Indeed.

>> then remove it if nothing happens
>
> Do you think of removing the code or just of no more building the
> package?

No more building, like the Qt tree.

> Since just disabling building the package is easily revertable (just
> has to go through NEW once), I think the earlier removal is the better
> way, as we then have more time to re-add it. (Despite I'm not very
> convinced that this will happen soon.)
>
> The opinion on #debian-release on IRC also seems to be to no more
> build it rather now than later.

Thanks for checking this out with a wider audience.  This sounds fine
to me for the next release.

> I'd also make a blog posting on Planet Debian (can do that) and a
> maybe also a mailing list posting debian-devel at l.d.o at that point
> (can do that, too).

I am not a syndicated blogger, so that would be appreciated.  We can
expect -gtk to be dropped sometime this week, unless there are
objections or very legitimate offers to bring it up to spec.

Regards