[Aptitude-devel] aptitude *sometimes* doesn't the bzip partials and also full-update doesn't help.

Daniel Hartwig mandyke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 05:35:59 BST 2012

On 25 September 2012 12:27, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> W: Failed to fetch
> bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_experimental_main_i18n_Translation-en:
> Hash Sum mismatch

You some times get this during mirror updates.  There is an apt bug
tracking this but I do not have it handy until later today.

> E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
> ones used instead.
> E: Couldn't rebuild package cache

This last error is interesting.  A hash sum mismatch on Translation
files should not prevent rebuilding the cache.

Which version of aptitude, libapt-pkg4.12 do you have installed?