[Aptitude-devel] Workflow questions (was: Changes to git branches)

Axel Beckert abe at debian.org
Thu Aug 29 17:42:22 BST 2013

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Hartwig wrote:
> I have pushed two new branches, debian-sid and upstream-sid, containing
> the packaging work targetted at sid (currently also wheezy).  The old
> debian and upstream branches are no longer in use and will probably
> disappear shortly.  If you work from the debian-sid branch I have
> updated git-buildpackage (debian/gbp.conf) for the new names.
>
> Active branches:
>  - master: development of next major release;
>  - stable-0.6: development suitable for updates to wheezy;
[...]
>  - debian-sid: packaging;

Now that Christian and me can also commit to aptitude's git repo, I
wonder if it's just fine to commit to these branches as it seems
reasonable?

Acvtually I do have some fixes for lintian warnings or trivial bug
fixes pending locally, but don't want to push before being sure not to
break your workflow with such commits.

Another workflow question is if you prefer to write all of the
changelog entry at once (seems to have happened in the past) of if
changelog entries should be made within the same commit as the changed
code? (The latter is what I'm used to and slightly prefer. But I'm
fine with the other variant, I just want to know which one I should
use. :-)

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin