[Aptitude-devel] Reverting my commits

Daniel Hartwig mandyke at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 17:07:07 UTC 2014

On 24 January 2014 19:31, Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Manuel and Daniel,
>
> Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
>> For the record, I commited this because I had picked it from some of
>> the branches (wip-cmdline or experimental), originally commited by
>> you.
>>

>From experimental.  That commit was part of the overall work tidying
up the error handling and reporting, bringing in the apt features, and
making consistent the formatting of several messages.

In general, I recommend that you do not cherry pick from experimental
or wip-cmdline branches as there is quite a lot going on there.  These
branches are not abandoned.  They are published for the record and the
changes they contain are being reworked, albeit slowly.