Redesigning the autopkgtest controller/workers CI system for Ubuntu and Debian

Martin Pitt mpitt at debian.org
Thu Mar 13 16:16:24 UTC 2014

Martin Pitt [2014-03-13 11:51 +0100]:
>  * A dynamic set of worker nodes which do the test execution. They
>    read from the autopkgtest_* queue which they are capable of
>    processing, run the test, and store the results in swift. This
>    should have a predictable directory hierarchy, like
>    /autopkgtest/trusty/armhf/foopkg/1.2.3-4/, so that we can avoid
>    having to send back a result pointer.

This needs some refinement as we can have many runs with the same
package version, and for failed runs we won't even have a package
version. So perhaps

 trusty/armhf/foopkg/<timestamp>/

 with the log files and a "package-version" file, plus a

 trusty/armhf/foopkg/last

file which has the most recent timestamp in it? (I think you can also
fake symlinks in swift, which would make this even more elegant) Then
britney would read the latter, then the former, and check if
package-version is what it wants to test.

Martin