debci <-> brintney communciations

Paul Gevers elbrus at debian.org
Thu Aug 10 19:54:37 UTC 2017

Hi Niels,

Today at Debconf, I discussed with Antonio the changes that would need
to go into debci to discuss with britney. I hope to follow-up later with
slightly more details, but the following I already want to align with
you. If I remember well, you (the RT) want brintney1 to do the
communication and ideally only fetch one file with the results.
Discussing this we thought to provide the results since the last
download of results. Do you think that this would work or do you
consider this too fragile? If so, do you have an better proposal? I
don't think it makes sense to put all results ever into the file.

Regarding communication from britney2 to debci, is it ok for britney2 to
do http queries per requested test, or should this also be passed on to
britney1? If the latter, aren't we delaying communication from britney
to debci unnecessarily? Any comment on this?

Paul