[axel-devel] [axel-Bugs][310658] axel cannot handle files >2GB

axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Fri Sep 12 08:08:05 UTC 2008

Bugs item #310658, was opened at 2008-03-16 01:20

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I have experienced, that axel can not yet handle files larger than 2G. Instead, I see an buffer overflow (for example also when getting the file size.)

You should really add this support.

-Ionic

Comment By: Y Giridhar Appaji Nag  (appaji-guest)
Date: 2008-04-02 23:40

Message:
Hi Ionic, axel has initial support for large files in the SVN version.  Please test the SVN version and report if you find any issues.

Please see http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail
&aid=310535&group_id=100070&atid=413085

Or are you encountering a buffer overflow when you use the code from SVN?