[axel-devel] [axel-Bugs][311073] Option to set the HTTP user agent

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag giridhar at appaji.net
Fri Sep 12 08:45:09 UTC 2008

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for the patches you submitted and triaging the bugs.

On 08/09/11 22:01 +0000, axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org said ...
> Some websites deliver different content to different user agents. Axel
> should provide an option --user-agent ua | -U ua to set this
> configuration value.

Is there any reason why we wouldn't want to use -H in a way that it
over-rides the existing U-A?  I am a bit reluctant to add newer options
to axel that can be handled via -H.

> The attached patch adds this option and fixes a segfault when using
> -H.

Committed to svn r32 in trunk.

> Date: 2008-09-11 22:01
> Message:
> Since I can't add comments here, see
> http://phihag.de/2008/axel/axel-user-agent.patch for a patch that adds
> documentation for --user-agent and --header.

I replaced the patch attached to the bug with this file.

Cheers,

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://appaji.net/