[axel-devel] [axel-Bugs][311562] Memory issues using axel-kapt

axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Wed Apr 1 22:56:31 UTC 2009

Bugs item #311562, was opened at 2009-03-28 18:57

Initial Comment:
I tried Axel on Ubuntu 8.10, using the package from the Ubuntu repositories.  Unfortunately, when I started the application, it instantly consumed 4 gigs of ram, slowing my computer to a crawl.  I had trouble even opening the system manager, and ultimately had to login to a virtual terminal in order to kill the process. I have no idea what went wrong, but wanted to inform you of the problem I had so that you might be able to check it out.

Date: 2009-04-01 22:56

Message:
This is a bug in kaptain, see https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2725833&group_id=12051&atid=112051 . I committed a questionable workaround in rev99.

However, axel as we're developing it is a a CLI program, and will become a library. We will likely remove this GUI in the next major version and replace it with a real one, not a graphical CLI interface.

Comment By: Philipp Hagemeister (phihag-guest)