[axel-devel] [axel-Bugs][312809] averaging the download speed should be done for each thread instead of for all threads together

axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Sun Nov 7 23:07:59 UTC 2010

Bugs item #312809, was opened at 2010-11-07 23:07
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413085&aid=312809&group_id=100070

Initial Comment:
Hi,

thanks for axel, i love its simplicity :)

I noticed, that when I'm downloading a file with multiple threads the speed displayed   in the end of the download is *very* off (actual: 40kib shown: 950kib). I assume that is because the speed is averaged over the sum of the speed of all threads. But after a thread is done, the shown download speed is not decreasing by the expected amount.

I propose to do the averaging for each thread/segment independently and just sum them up for the output.

But I did not look into the code to prove my assumption.

Thanks a bunch for your awesome work !