[Babel-users] ENOBUFS on the netlink socket

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Oct 18 16:10:26 UTC 2007

> using babel from Oct 11th, I just got this message:
> netlink_read: recvmsg(): No buffer space available
> which sounds weird.
> Any idea what might have caused this?

According to the docs, it means that the kernel had more than a socket
buffer worth of changes to communicate at a time.  We should deal with
that gracefully if somewhat brutally (we close the netlink socket,
reopen it, and request a full table dump), but I'd be more comfortable
if Grégoire could confirm that.

If you see it again, I'll see if I can increase the socket buffer size.
What's your value of /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default ?  rmem_max ?

                                        Juliusz