[Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: Babel 0.11
jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Sat Mar 29 21:00:55 UTC 2008
You will find Babel 0.11 on
A lot of small tweaks in this version, but little significant changes.
Most notables is a fix for a crash that would happen if an interface
with large MTU was added at runtime, and some preliminary moderation
With this version, Babel is mostly feature-complete as far as I am
concerned. Still missing is resending of incremental route updates,
and more work is needed on the parameters of triggered updates.
29 March 2008: babel 0.11
* Implemented sub-second hello and update intervals.
* Fixed a bug that could prevent the best route from being selected
for extended periods of time.
* Implemented protection against out-of-date requests being sent and
forwarded when a node loses its sequence number.
* INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE: reduced the cost of wired networks down to 96
* Tweaked the frequency at which a router's seqno increases, to make
it more likely that a feasible route will be available when needed.
* Implemented garbage collection of old sources.
* Implemented coalescing of unicast messages.
* Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when a link's MTU changes.
* Fixed a bug that could delay noticing that a network is no longer
idle when running Babel with the -i flag.
* Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect metrics to be advertised
when output filtering was used.
* Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect link costs to be computed when
a neighbour reduces its hello interval.
* Fixed some minor issues with the ordering of outgoing messages.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 188 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/babel-users/attachments/20080329/85778968/attachment.pgp
More information about the Babel-users