[Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: new Babel branch: inter-process interface

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Mar 31 00:04:36 UTC 2008

Dear all,

Since a few students of mine have volunteered to write a GUI for
Babel, I've just branched a version of Babel that has an IPC
interface.  You'll find it on

    http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/repos/babel-local-interface

This is a Darcs repository, so just run

  darcs get http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/repos/babel-local-interface

In order to have a look at the information provided, just run this
version and do

  telnet ::1 33123

You'll see a line of text for every change in Babel's neighbour and
route tables.

I'll keep this branch separate from the trunk for the time being, at
least until the protocol stabilises.  I will doubtless merge it at
some point.

                                        Juliusz