[Babel-users] Running Babel at startup

David Murray dave.murray.murdoch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 05:31:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am trying to get babel to start when my machines boot, however, I am
having some problems. I have found that babel works fine when I manually
start it after it has booted, but, If I use a script in /etc/init.d/ to
start it I find that babel runs but all it does is remove routes from the
kernel routing table. Just to be clear, I am using Voyage Linux which is a
deb/ubuntu deriviative with the 2.6.30-486 kernel. Has anyone previously had
a problem starting babel with an /etc/init.d/ script?

Thus far I have tried:
 - Ensuring that the system is starting with a rw filesystem (beucase voyage
switches to a ro file system and it seems that babel needs a rw system)
 - Using debug mode, but I do not see how I can use a debug mode when
starting the protocols at startup.

Can anyone suggest some things to try to uncover the problem?

Thanks for your time
Dave