[Babel-users] Running Babel at startup

David Murray dave.murray.murdoch at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 23:45:29 UTC 2009

> No, it works fine for me.  Could we please have a copy of your init script?

well I have just appended a commnd to run babel to an existing script
(/etc/init.d/voyage-util/). I chose this script becuase it ran later in the
boot process. I am running "/usr/local/bin/babeld wlan0 -D". The wireless
interfaces all are in ad-hoc mode, are using /32 subnet masks and the same
essid. When I do a ps -e after the boot process, babel is still running, but
there are no routes in the routing table.

No, it doesn't -- Babel only needs to be able to write to /var/run/ and
> to /var/log/.  If you're running ro, then simply make sure that you mount
> a tmpfs over /var/run/ and /var/log/.
>
> Ok sure, thanks.

Thanks again
Dave