[Babel-users] not routing

Gabriel Kerneis kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Nov 4 07:39:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 12:26:15AM +0100, Michael Grant wrote:
> router1 has a nice 20mbps connection to the internet.  router2 has
> only a 1mbps connection.  I would like to prefer the default route
> through router 2.  Is it possible?  Remember, I am only running babel
> between router1 and router2.

You need to set a higher rxcost for router1. This can be done in
babel.conf (I'm assuming your interface connected to the Internet is
eth0):
  interface eth0 rxcost 200
(The default for wired interfaces is 96.)
http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/babel/babeld.html#sect5

I'm not sure this will work, however, since your interface is not
involved in the Babel protocol (it is only providing a default route). I
don't know how such interfaces are handled by Babel.

Regards,
--
Gabriel Kerneis