[Babel-users] not routing

Michael Grant mgrant at grant.org
Wed Nov 4 15:41:30 UTC 2009

Thanks for that link to the gmane article, it is helpful to have some
more examples.

For the moment, this is what I have in my babel.conf:

    redistribute local deny
    redistribute ip 0.0.0.0/0 le 0 metric 128

The idea is to just distribute the default routes, in other words, let
babel tell each router who has a working gateway.  Manually I can add
default routes by hand and sure enough, babel propagates them.

I more or less have it working.  If I unplug either of the links to
the adsl lines, after a couple minutes babel moves the routing around
so that it works again.

However, what I don't have working is being able to favor the faster link.

Furthermore, when babel has a working default route, I can't even
manually put in a better one.  The best I have found to do is manually
delete the default route that babel created (does this mess up some
internal table?) and create a better default route by hand.

Michael