[Babel-users] [B.A.T.M.A.N.] A peer-reviewed assessment of OLSR, BATMAN and Babel

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Sat Nov 7 10:42:08 UTC 2009

On Saturday 07 November 2009 03:05:31 Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> I've just come upon an interesting paper that experimentally compares
> the performance of OLSR, BATMAN and Babel.
>
>     Real-world Performance of Current Proactive Multi-hop Mesh
>     Protocols.  M. Abolhasan, B. Hagelstein, J. C.-P. Wang.
>

>  http://ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1747&context=infopapers

Very interesting analysis - thanks for sharing this with us.

> 4. They ran the routing daemons with the default parameters.  This means
>    that BATMAN ran with an OGM interval of 1 second, while Babel used
>    a Hello interval of 4 seconds.  It would have been interesting to see
>    the results with similar parameters.

Although I get your point, you probably share my belief in default options,
hence it is the right thing to compare. Useful defaults are the first step
towards a working protocol.  ;)

Cheers,
Marek

PS: You might or might have not noticed that our list now is open for everyone
to post (without prior registration).