[Babel-users] A peer-reviewed assessment of OLSR, BATMAN and Babel

Dr. Mehran Abolhasan mehrana at uow.edu.au
Mon Nov 9 04:46:16 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Many Thanks for all your comments. Just a couple of point of clarification.

1. The aim of this paper was to study all the protocols in their default
settings. We did not
switch off ETX with olsr (note we used the olsr version from olsr.org). In
fact the link quality metric was left to 2 by default. We are well aware
that ETX provide more stable routes than hop count.

2. In terms of looking at performance using different parameters, we will be
doing this in our future studies.
Also, note that the conference papers were limited to 4 pages only.

3. In terms of overheads, given that this was a small scale indoor test-bed,
we believed the amount of overhead introduced into the network is not
signficant enough to adversely affect the network. So we did not look into
overheads for this paper, however we would do this for larger test-beds.

4. We previously ran OLSR using various different outdoor and indoor
test-beds and at the time we were doing the experimentations BATMAN and
BABEL were more stable.

We would be interested to hear what other aspects of the protocols (such as
different parameters) you would like to see studied.

Kind regards,
Mehran