[Babel-users] Questions on the "new" AHCP

Gabriel Kerneis kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Jan 15 12:21:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:42:00AM +0100, Alex Morlang wrote:
> the ahcp-config.sh should be updated to use uci states to set ip
> addresses, as right now, the settings will not survive any actions
> of luci/uci. [...]
> you also need to address uci sections out of the script, so something
> like section=`uci -P /var/state show network|grep ifname|grep $1$|cut
> -d . -f 2` might help.

I'll try to build something based on your ahcp-config-uci.sh (unless you
have time to submit a patch to OpenWrt including your changes).

> >	option server "ipv6,first,last,dir,name-server,ntp-server"
> this is also very dirty and should be done in separate config variables.

Of course, I hacked this in 10 minutes just to give the OP a solution to
his problem.

On the other hand, I do not understand why you are using ahcp-local.sh
to start and stop babeld: babeld is now able to detect when interfaces
go up and down by itself (you just have to provide it the names of the
interfaces you are interested in), so might as well start on boot and
forget it after that.

Regards,
--
Gabriel Kerneis