[Babel-users] [Olsr-dev] [WLANware] Announcing MeshApp, A Mobile Application for Wireless Mesh Networking

L. Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Sat Jun 12 20:32:48 UTC 2010

On Jun 12, 2010, at 11:23 AM, Mitar wrote:

> Hi!
>
> (Please reply to our talk mailing list and not news as the later is
> just for announcements. I have forwarded your previous replies there
> but please check any further followups to go there.)

ok.

> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 1:29 PM, L. Aaron Kaplan <aaron at lo-res.org> wrote:
>> On Jun 12, 2010, at 6:24 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>> I believe the dot(1) format is usually sufficient as an abstract layer to describe
>> the networks (for visualization purposes).
>
> Not really as we do not have graphviz available on all platforms.
>
>> and of course you can visualize it via Java on the phone itself
>
> You can? You know of a decent visualization library in Java for a dot
> format? Then this could really be a good intermediate format. But I

Can we run Java applets on the phone?
If yes, I think I can add some very simple java based (built on processing)
topology visualization.

> thought we would just use some lib and feed it with whatever (do not
> know which one for Java, though). This is really not protocol specific
> - once you have a topology graph at hand it does not really matter if
> you use dot or not.

yes, I simply suggested the dot format since it is so easy and is already
understood by many programs. Yes, sure - a graph with edge labels is a
graph - no matter which protocol you run ;-))

a.