[Babel-users] Ahcpd update in OpenWrt (quick HOWTO)

Outback Dingo outbackdingo at gmail.com
Mon May 31 14:44:35 UTC 2010

well my netbook runs openwrt :) has babel on it, so ur saying i can install
ahcpd in client mode there also ?

and does ahcpd support multiple network configurations?

say 172.x for wireless mesh nodes , 10.x for say users (windows / linux /
mac clients)

basically now we configure nodes based on mac, all in the 172 network so the
mesh is in the 172 space, but we give 10. addresses to clients and nat them

or i guess i could use ahcpd on endpoints, but how does say windows client
get the ip if their 2-3 hops out, is the dhcp broadcast through the network