[Babel-users] [IETF I-D Submission Tool] New Version Notification for draft-chroboczek-babel-routing-protocol-05

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Oct 26 19:28:30 UTC 2010

>> No version of Babel has ever been fully loop-free in networks with
>> more complex topologies

> ah, by more complex topologies you mean "mesh" networks?

No, I mean fully general prefix routing, as opposed to flat routing.  As
far as I know, the only routing protocol that is completely loop-free in
such topologies is EIGRP.  (DSR, DSDV and AODV don't support such
topologies at all, while BGP creates transient routing loops.)

Aaron, Babel's claims are clearly spelled out in Section 1.1 of the
draft.  Please let me know if there's anything there that you don't
understand.

                                        Juliusz