[Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: babeld-1.1.3

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Aug 3 20:15:16 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Babeld-1.1.3 is available from

  http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/files/babeld-1.1.3.tar.gz
  http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/files/babeld-1.1.3.tar.gz.asc

For more information about the Babel routing protocol and babeld, please see

  http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/babel/

This is my first git release, so I hope I didn't do anything wrong.
Thanks to Julien and to the nice folks on #git for helping me out.

This release is mainly aimed at making front-end interfaces more useful,
and is prompted by Gabriel's work on Babel Web,

  http://babelweb.kerneis.info:8080/

We now implement a new flag -u, which keeps unfeasible routes in the
RIB; while these routes are not likely to be useful for Babel itself,
they do give a more complete vision of the network; if available, they
are pushed to the front-end interface.

There are also some minor bug fixes to the front-end interface (we
weren't updating the "reach" field often enough), and a fix to a bug
that would cause us to behave incorrectly when an interface has multiple
link-local addresses (thanks to Matthieu Boutier).

Enjoy,

-- Juliusz

3 August 2011: babeld 1.1.3

  * Implemented an option -u to keep unfeasible routes; this is useful
    for giving more data to front-end interfaces.
  * Fixed a number of minor bugs in the front-end interface.
  * Fixed incorrect handling of interfaces with multiple link-local
    addresses (thanks to Matthieu Boutier).