[Babel-users] Fixing the AHCPD package in openwrt

Gabriel Kerneis kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Aug 4 11:41:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 12:23:33PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > What would it take to get AHCPD working again in openwrt for multiple
> > interfaces?
>
> AHCP is working fine for me with current OpenWRT.

While ahcp works fine in server and forwarder mode (configured in
/etc/config/ahcpd), it has some issues in client mode (configured in
/etc/config/network).

> (Now it does restart multiple times at startup, which needs fixing, but that
> doesn't prevent it from working.)

In fact, it does never restart multiple times.  But in client mode, it will
start several instances (one per interface).  A very quick and simple fix would
be to move back client configuration to /etc/config/ahcpd, as it was a few
months ago.

Of course, it would be better to have it in /etc/config/interfaces.  But if you
need a solution shortly, I think this is a good compromise.  We can then take
the time to implement and test the solution we have imagined in previous mails,
in a future version of the package.  You probably wouldn't feel very confident
to include a half-baked untested implementation in cerowrt anyway, would you?

If this is okay for you, I'll manage to push an update to OpenWrt's svn before
next Sunday.

Best,
--
Gabriel