[Babel-users] Babel Multicast routing

Gioacchino Mazzurco gmazzurco89 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 00:01:52 UTC 2011

Hi!

In our mesh network Ninux Pisa we are planning to switch from olsrd to
babelz because have a lot of advantage, the only problem with babel is
that we do intensive use of mdns ( zeroconf ) protocol that need
multicast routing, olsrd dosn't support fully multicast routing but
have a plugin for mdns.

The mdns plugin is a incomplete solution o the multicast routing
issue... And also we like to use multicast for a lot of thing not only
for mdns, there is some plan to implement multicast routing on babel
in short terms?