[Babel-users] AHCPD in openwrt (currently broken for multiple interface)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:37:19 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Gabriel Kerneis
<kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 09:54:16AM -0600, Dave Taht wrote:
>> The head of openwrt and the related luci gui currently are not
>> configuring ahcpd correctly in the presence of *multiple* client
>> interfaces.
>
> This is a known issue, sadly unresolved because of me lacking time to work on
> it.  I plan to have this fixed by next August.
>
> If people on this list can come up with a patch before that, I'd be glad to
> review it.

Heh. It was my hope to come up with a patch by *tomorrow*, but that
involves clearly understanding points 1-3 to come up with a
future-proof solution.

Can you expound on what ahcpd's future is going to look like, and I'll
implement?

> (By the way, the babeld package needs a cleanup too, but at least it is not
> broken.)

What, in particular?

I am doing several things differently than the default in my own
version of the package, notably enabling link state detection by
default and also telling it to just
propagate /64 6to4 addresses by default:

# If you have a 6to4 address autoassigned from the openwrt 6to4 script
# this will automagically pick it up. This will also pick up 2002 nets you are
# serving

redistribute local ip 2002::/16 le 64 metric 128 proto 0

# if you are on a gateway, uncomment this
# redistribute local ip ::/0 le 0 metric 128 proto 3

# if you are a 6to4 gw, you are unique and COULD distribute the 2002::/16 route
# to all interested clients, but I'm not doing that yet

--
Dave Täht
SKYPE: davetaht