[Babel-users] Babel Multicast routing

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Mar 1 07:56:06 UTC 2011

> the only problem with babel is that we do intensive use of mdns
> ( zeroconf ) protocol that need multicast routing, olsrd dosn't
> support fully multicast routing but have a plugin for mdns.

Thinking about that some further -- I'd like to hear more about what
you're trying to do, since I'm not absolutely convinced that
network-layer multicast is what you want to be using.  (An
application-layer protocol might be more suitable, such as the flooding
algorithm used by AHCP, or even something more efficient based on DHTs.)

--Juliusz