[Babel-users] Question about Babel

Antonio Quartulli ordex at autistici.org
Thu Apr 12 13:14:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 09:08:56 -0400, Outback Dingo wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> >> Does Babel support client roaming?
> >
> > Client-roaming is a BATMAN-specific concept, that doesn't make sense in
> > Babel.  There's no such thing as "client roaming" in Babel, since Babel
> > doesn't have the notion of "client" -- it's a pure peer-to-peer protocol.
> >
> > So rather than using non-standard terms that mean nothing in this
> > context, why don't you tell us what you're trying to do, and we'll tell
> > you how it can be done with Babel.
>
> Sounds like hes basically trying to maintain client connections as
> they move around the mesh from AP to AP
> for the likes of video / voip / downloads without tcpip resets

The problem is that Juliusz is stating that Babel doesn't know anything about
"clients" and that this name doesn't exists in Babel's documentation (afaik) at
all.

By the way, clients are hosts connected to mesh nodes by means of some interface
that are then announced over the network (the so called HNA in OLSR language).

Cheers,

--
Antonio Quartulli

..each of us alone is worth nothing..