[Babel-users] policy routing

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 01:30:22 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>wrote:

> > I am curious if there is a way to filter out default routes based on
> > policy routing?
>
> The setup you describe is easy to get to work using just a little bit of
> static policy routing on the IP gateways and a GRE tunnel -- see the -t
> and -T flags to babeld.

I'm familiar with the multiple tables options.

However the problem of dealing with ipv6's various forms of addressing has
> O(n) complexity, it seems, so multiples of tables seem needed.

I will write (rant) more on this elsewhere as I approach solutions....

A complete solution would require changes to the protocol.

 yep. I was trying to come up with a sane set of filters using
the filter rules, and failed.

 I've
> considered them in an earlier version (protocol version 1), and finally
> decided they're not worth the extra complexity.

I'm not sure what, if any, routing protocol, can handle the source routing
complexity inherent in ipv6, at present. And it would be nice to have
multiple potential ipv6 gateways to the internet, but reject routes to
invalid destinations long before they get there, while still be able to
distribute default routes, and still be able to route 'behind' the main
gateways in a mesh...

--
Dave Täht
SKYPE: davetaht